We will be open Monday, October 9th for Balloon Fiesta from 8am to 9pm. Also, we will be open till 9pm Sunday.
We are so excited for the first two weeks of October because that will mean the annual Balloon Fiesta!
The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta is the world’s largest annual international balloon festival. It is held every October in Albuquerque, and is a nine-day event that features hot air balloon competitions, mass ascensions, and other activities.
The first Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta was held in 1972 with 13 balloons. The event has grown significantly since then, and in 2019, it featured over 550 hot air balloons from 40 countries!
Here are some quick tips for attending the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta:
- Purchase your tickets in advance, as the event often sells out! (https://balloonfiesta.com/)
- Arrive early, as the best viewing spots fill up quickly!
- Bring a camera to capture the amazing sights!
- Dress for the weather, as it can be cold in the morning and evening.
- Be prepared for crowds, as the event is very popular.
- Have fun! The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta is a great event for all ages!
It is estimated that over 500,000 people attend the event each year, and we want to give them our warmeest welcome. All who visit the balloon fiesta and want to tour historical Albuquerque, need to make sure to drop into Old Town and visit Church Street Cafe, located in the Ruiz Hacienda (built in 1706!).